I haven’t planned that many parties, but I can already see that I have phases when I’m in party planning mode.
1. Crazy excited!
2. Researching every party ever done for ideas.
3. Get started thinking it’ll all get done in one day.
4. Taking longer than thought.
5. What was I thinking?
6. If I see one more piece of tissue paper, I’m going to light it on fire!
7. Parties are lame. I hate parties.
8. It’ll never get done in time.
9. I’m drowning!
10. Oh, look! It turned out and no one laughed at it.
11. Done and done.
12. Swear off parties forever.
14. Start looking for the next party to plan.
That about sums it up.
Here are a few glimpses into the party planning. I’ve got a lot more tissue paper in my future. Along with grabbing a saw and searching for lots of branches. You’ll see, just trust me.
These came from Punkin Prints.
I’m going to have some leftover ideas that I can’t use. I keep finding great things, but there’s just not enough room at the venue.
I have a hard time with drawing the line, as far as less is more. But sometimes more is more. And then, sometimes more is too much. A small example is the birds pictured above, I’ve thought about spray painting them pink. A bit much, probably. So, I’m leaning towards not right now.
Oh, and I have a deep question. Can someone still be called the mom-to-be, even if they’re already a mom?
While I ponder that, I’ll be drinking out of my party planning mug. It’s been named this simply because it matches some of the decor and polka dots say party to me.
You’d think he was racing fast, but he can only go backwards. We need to watch some Flintstones so he can figure out how to use his feet to go forward.