I’d already typed up my goals last week, but after searching and finding my goals for 2010, I’m a little embarrassed because most of the goals are on this list, again.
But, I’ll still share my list and continue to work on my goals. This time, though, they’re a little more specific.
* Be a better mom for Jack – spend more time reading to him, playing outside more often, etc.
* Be a better wife, which really means keeping the house cleaner, making Reid’s lunch for him more often
* Wash my face every night before bed – bad habit
* No sleeping in my contacts – again, bad habit. Just don’t tell my optometrist (Hey, Dustin!)
* Learn to use our camera in manual mode (without cussing and wanting to throw it across the room)
* Get involved in a church – Having a set work schedule will help in finding a small group
* Be a better friend – write letters/cards, listen better!
* Be more disciplined with housework
* Dare I say this– get my running mileage up, even if it’s just above 5 miles, which is the furthest I’ve done to date.
* And of course, lose weight. I’m shooting for 10-15 pounds, but not setting a time limit on it this time.
This is somewhat unrelated, but I have to share: for the first time in months, maybe even years, I’ve gone out in public confidently without wearing any make-up or a hat to cover up my forehead.
For those of you who don’t know, I have psoriasis and one of the main places is on my face, including my forehead and nose.
After a week of strictly washing my face every night and applying medicine, the skin on my face looks normal. Real skin. No huge red rash that’s peeling!
This is a HUGE, HUGE deal! I’m scared to jinx it, though. With psoriasis, my skin gets used to a certain medicine and it loses it’s effectiveness.
But, for now, I’ll enjoy having normal skin. And sometimes go without make-up and not have anyone ask what happened to me just because I can.