Ready, set, random!
2. This was a laundry bag from when Reid was little. I’m talking my mom into making it into a quilt/blanket for Jack. I doubt I’ll call it the Star Wars quilt, but will call it the Harrison Ford quilt. How many people can say they have a quilt with Harrison Ford on it!?
3. Speaking of quilts, my mom finally finished Jack’s plane quilt! It’s HAND quilted and HAND appliqued. Most of her quilts are machine quilted, so it’s a big deal.
7. I ran into friends I haven’t seen in years today at Publix and Target. It was really nice.
I did have to keep him from drinking it, though. And putting his whole face under water.
9. I had red velvet cake ice cream tonight. Sounded iffy to me, but I’ll try anything with the word cake in it. Let’s just say, I licked that bowl clean.
10. I always think of lots of things I want to do when I’m down here and people I want to see, but once I get here, I just want to rest and do nothing.
I think dad and I are taking the boat out for a little bit either tomorrow or Saturday.
I’ve thought about driving to Gulf Shores since we’re so close, just to see those darn tar balls everyone’s been talking about, but I’m just not in the mood for a day trip.